Awards for Excellence in Advocacy and for Public Service
PAJustice fosters excellence in trial advocacy among future trial lawyers through the Murray S. Love Award and The Milton D. Rosenberg Scholarship Fund.
- The Murray S. Love Award. The award is named after Murray Love, PAJustice's first president and a founding member of the organization. PAJustice instituted the Love Award in 1988 to honor the Pennsylvania team that has the highest score in regional moot court competition.
- The Milton D. Rosenberg Scholarship Fund. In 1987, a fund was formed to honor the late Milton D. Rosenberg, a PAJustice founder and past president. A small, direct grant may be made to a law student from Washington County, or one of the following other Pennsylvania counties: Allegheny County, Beaver County, Fayette County, Greene County, or Westmoreland County. To make a contribution or submit a nomination please contact Executive Director Craig Giangiulio, at 215.546.6451 x 106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PAJustice honors champions of consumers' rights with these awards:
- President's Award. Given to an individual or agency committed to the preservation of the civil justice system.
- Milton D. Rosenberg Award. Given to a trial lawyer whose devotion to injured victims, qualities of leadership, and service to the organization best represent the life of the late and revered past PAJustice president after whom the award is named.
- George F. Douglas Jr. Amicus Award. Given to a trial lawyer member in recognition of his or her outstanding accomplishments in brief writing or oral argument before Pennsylvania's highest courts on behalf of PAJustice. This award was created in 1995, and it is awarded at PAJustice's annual retreat.
- Community Service Award. Created in 2000, this award honors a trial lawyer, citizen, or group who has made an outstanding contribution to the community. Recipients have included:
- MADD, Pennsylvania for their tireless efforts to support the well-being and the rights of drunk driving crash victims and their families
- The Western Pa. Trial Lawyers Association for its many charitable activities incl. a 5k run to benefit the Pittsburgh Steelwheelers wheelchair athletes
- Jerry McHugh, Esq. for his work with a charitable thrift store in Philadelphia;
- Former House Speaker Dennis O’Brien and Ted Schwartz, Esq. for their efforts on behalf of the developmentally disabled.
To make a nomination, please contact Executive Director Craig Giangiulio at 215.546.6451 x 106 or email@example.com